HMO Licences

Solicitors in Slough and Windsor

For a free initial consultation please call

A house in multiple occupation is a property rented out by at least 3 people who are not from 1 single ‘household’ (eg a family) and who share certain facilities such as the bathroom and kitchen.

On 6 April 2006, mandatory licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation came into force. A licence is only valid for 5 years. You must have a licence if you’re renting out a large HMO. Your property is defined as a large HMO if all of the following apply:

  • it’s rented to 5 or more people who form more than 1 household
  • it’s at least 3 storeys high
  • tenants share toilet, bathroom or kitchen facilities

We can assist in:

  • Advising whether a HMO licence is required.
  • The relevant fees application fees payable to the local authority
  • Preparing the application
  • Advising of any applicable exemptions
  • Liaising with the housing regulations teams
  • Advising on restrictions and conditions
  • Advising on penalties

Call us today to find out how we can assist you with your HMO.

Contacting us

We are waiting to hear from you today if you require professional assistance with property. Why not call us on for your free initial consultation? You can also reach our solicitors in Slough by sending an email to or by completing the form on our site.

Let us call you back

If you require legal assistance and would like someone to call you to discuss the issue, complete your information in the online enquiry form here and one of our solicitors will be in touch with you to tell you how we can help.

Alternatively you can contact us on 01753 592 000

Primal LaxmanHMO Licences